Google Analytics 360 vs Google Analytics Standard
Google Analytics 360 Suite comes with new incredible tools. But this new release not only brings enhancements to the paid premium users, but it also comes with some benefits for the standard/free users.
What is Google Analytics 360 Suite?
Google Analytics 360 Suite is the new paid version of the most famous Web Analytics Service, a marketing cloud machine intended to help digital marketers and analyst make sense of user behaviors and data coming from different devices.
At the moment, it comes 7 solutions including the classic analytics reports, surveys, optimization experiments, and highly customizable dashboards.
Google Analytics 360 vs. Google Analytics Standard
The advantages of the previously called premium now 360 suite over the standard Google Analytics were not so evident until you had huge amounts of data to analyze. For the common user with small medium/websites, the free version of the Analytics service was enough.
The main difference between the paid and free version is the amount of data you can process/analyze as well as the customizations available. Some of the key differences are:
|Price||Free||150,000 USD/year *|
|Company Size||Individuals and small-medium size||Multinational-Large|
|Support||Self-service Help Center and community forums||Enterprise-level service, support, and SLAs|
|Sampling **||500k sessions||100M sessions|
*This was the official price of Analytics premium, Google hasn't released prices for the 360 bundle or the 360 Apps.
**You can adjust data sampling
360 Apps vs Free/Standard Apps
There are 3 ways of using these new apps:
- Google Analytics 360 Suite the bundle with all apps included
- Paying for the 360 Apps individually
- Using free versions of the Apps
Initially, all 360 tools were included only in the paid service, however, since most of the users wouldn't benefit from that Google started releasing basic versions of the apps to allow free users get advantage from them.
The Suite comes with seven apps out of the box and most of them have a 360 and a standard version.
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Optimize - NEW in beta
- Google Data Studio - NEW in beta
- Google Surveys - NEW
- Google Attribution - NEW (formerly Adometry)
- Google Audience Center - NEW
In general, the 360 paid version is targeted to medium/large sites and comes with implementation services and support.
Each app has its own differences/limitations between the free basic version and the 360 paid version.
Google Analytics 360 vs Standard
Google Analytics gives you the digital analytics tools you need to analyze data from all touchpoints in one place, for a deeper understanding of the customer experience. You can then share the insights that matter with your whole organization.
As part of this new launch, the Analytics interface recently got a complete makeover. A new and clean user interface with changes mainly in the top and lateral navigation that makes the analysis through different reports/views/properties/accounts much faster.
- Standard: Free to sign up. Ideal for individuals and small to medium-sized companies
- 360 (Rebrand of GA Premium): Some of its perks are: Unsampled reporting, Cross-property roll-up reporting, Unlimited data, Access to raw data
Full comparison Google Analytics 360 vs Standard.
Google Tag Manager 360 vs Standard
Tag Manager is a system that allows you to quickly and easily update tags and code snippets on your website or mobile app, such as those intended for traffic analysis and marketing optimization.
- Standard: Free to sign up. Only 3 workspaces for concurrent tagging projects
- 360: Unlimited Workspaces
Full comparison Google Tag Manager 360 vs Standard.
Google Optimize 360 vs Standard
- Free/Standard: limited multivariate testing
- 360: Audience targeting, unlimited multivariate testing, simultaneous experiments.
Full comparison Google Optimize 360 vs Standard.
Google Data Studio 360 vs Standard
- Good News! The limitations have been removed now both paid and free users will get the full features
Google Surveys 360 vs Standard
Google Surveys makes it easy to get fast, reliable insights from consumers across the internet and on mobile devices — allowing you to make more informed business decisions, understand your marketing impact, and keep a pulse on the health of your brand.
- Standard: Free to signup, pay for each completed survey
- 360: Pay Monthly, more granular targeting
Full comparison Google Surveys 360 vs Standard.
Google Attribution only in 360
Google Audience Center only in 360
It has a data management platform that helps marketers understand the needs of their clients and find more of them across different devices, campaigns, and channels.
How to Improve the data quality of your Analytics for both Free and Paid version.
Answer the following basic questions:
- Do you have filters for ghost, crawler and language spam?
- If yes, Are those filters efficient? (By efficient, I mean that you don't have to create/update them constantly.)
- Are you blocking good bots?
- Are you filtering development and test environments?
- Are you filtering internal traffic (traffic generated by you or your team)?
- Do you have a clean segment to remove the spam from your historical data?
If any of your answers is "NO," then you may be getting junk or irrelevant traffic corrupting your data. The following article will guide you through everything your Analytics needs to display not only clean but also meaningful data! Get your Google Analytics in shape now!